Avast Update Helper 1316 Error
How to fix Avast Update Helper Error 1316?
Are you getting the Avast Update Helper error 1316 frequently? Fixing this Avast update error is not a difficult task if you proceed with the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
Method 1: Using the Avast built-in repair app
- Launch the Avast Antivirus software and click the Action menu available at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Next, click the General tab from the left-side panel and select the Troubleshooting submenu.
- Navigate to the ‘Still having problems?’ section and click the Repair app button.
- If prompted, click Yes to confirm your action.
- Wait until the repair app completes the scan.
- Once the repair app detects the problems, click the Resolve All button to fix the issues.
- Now, close the Avast app and restart your PC to check if the error has been resolved.
Method 2: Forcing the Avast update
- On your Windows computer, click the Avast icon located at the system tray to launch the Avast Antivirus interface.
- Click on the Menu icon at the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Click the General tab from the left-side panel and select the Update submenu.
- Under the Your application is up to date section, click the Check for updates button.
- Now, the latest version of the Avast Antivirus app will be downloaded automatically.
- Once the download is completed, restart your PC.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Enter ‘eventvwr.msc’ in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key to open the Event Viewer.
- Check if the Avast update helper error 1316 has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, remove the Avast Antivirus app from your PC with the help of Uninstaller utility.
- After removing the Avast Antivirus app, download the latest version of the antivirus software from the official Avast site.
- Install it on your computer by following the on-screen prompts.
- This would fix the Avast Update Helper error 1316.